The auction is over but I am writing this post for next year.
If money were no option, this could be the Christmas present of a lifetime for a fan of the movie A Christmas Story. On eBay there was an auction for to rent the home over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And the owners will do everything they can to recreate the movie for you that day.
You even get your own Leg Lamp delivered in a wooden crate, how cool is that!
Check out the schedule:
Schedule & Activities
* Winner and guests arrive in Cleveland (Time TBD)
* 3pm: Check into a suite at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
* Visit the former Higbee’s Department Store Window (next to Renaissance Hotel)
* 10am: Personal behind-the-scenes tour of A Christmas Story House & Museum
* Ride in family car (weather permitting) and receive bars of Lifebuoy Soap
* Try on original costumes from the movie
* Read through the costume “bible” that includes photos and notes from the production
* 2pm: Check into A Christmas Story House
* Large FRA-GI-LE Major Award crate delivered to the front door of the house (yours to keep – provided by A Christmas Story House). Crow bar provided to open.
* Go out to check the mail for Decoder pins delivered to mailbox (one for each guest and yours to keep – provided by A Christmas Story House)
* Climb under the sink just like Randy
* 5pm: Chinese Turkey Dinner at Pearl of the Orient
* 7pm: Back to A Christmas Story House to watch “A Christmas Story” in the house it was filmed (25th Anniversary DVD is yours to keep; popcorn and sodas provided)
* 9pm: Spend the night in A Christmas Story House sleeping in Ralphie and Randy’s bedroom!
* 8am: Open presents in A Christmas Story House living room
* Continental breakfast basket provided by A Christmas Story House
* Presents included: 2 BB guns (behind the desk), blue bowling ball, can of Simonize, and a bunny suit, 4 Christmas Story House shirts. (provided by A Christmas Story House)
* Bring your own presents to unwrap as well
* Shoot BB guns in the back yard (provided by A Christmas Story House)
* 1pm: Check out of A Christmas Story House and return to Renaissance Hotel (Room is reserved for you)
* 5pm: Enjoy Christmas dinner at Sans Souci, an award-winning, fine-dining restaurant in the Renaissance Hotel
* By 12pm, check out of Renaissance Hotel
* Return flight departs (Time TBD) eBay
What a great way to spend Christmas if you could afford it.