Are you a smoker and do not want to be a pariah. Well, you are in luck. These ten cities have the highest rate of smokers in the population.
Outside of Casper, Wyoming and Tulsa, Oklahoma, the cities are in the southeast. This is not a surprise as the states are tobacco growing states and more accommodating to smokers.
One other thing that I notice in this list is that the cities are all fairly small. In a couple of days I will have a list of cities with the highest rate on non smokers. A couple of those will surprise you.
Top 10 Cities With Highest Rate of Smokers
1. Huntington, W.Va., 34.4 percent
2. Kingsport-Bristol, Tenn., 30.5 percent
3. Gulfport-Biloxi, Miss., 28.8 percent
4. Greensboro, N.C., 28.3 percent
5. Mobile, Ala., 26.9 percent
6. Casper, Wyo., 26.8 percent
7. Chattanooga, Tenn., 26.5 percent
7. Wilmington, N.C., 26.5 percent
9. Tulsa, Okla., 26.0 percent
10. Hickory, N.C., 25.9 percent