Land is considered to be one of the best investments one can own. And if you asked any of the 10 (groups of) people on this list they would most likely agree with you.
That is because they are the top 10 largest landowners in the country. From television magnet Ted Turner who heads the list to the Huber Family that owns both timber and oil land, the holdings are amazing.
The 2 million acres that Ted Turner owns is pretty large. Rhode Island only has 776,957.
Top 10 Largest Landowners in United States
- Ted Turner 2,000,000 acres
- Archie Aldis “Red” Emmerson 1,722,000 acres
- Irving Family 1,200,000 acres
- Singleton Family 1 million-plus acres
- King Ranch Heirs 851,642 acres
- Pingree Heirs 850,000 acres
- Brad Kelley 789,851 acres
- Reed Family 770,000 acres
- Ford Family 740,000 acres
- Huber Family 600,000 acres