All the gloom and doom in the country that is going on, we forget there is still a great deal of wealth in the country. As these zip codes will attest, when the median sales price of the 10 place city exceeds 2.4 million dollars you know all is not bad.
And speaking of bad, with Wall Street dropping out of control and real estate prices near their bottom, could you expect to see a flight of assets back into real estate? I am not talking about the levels post 2001 with easy credit, but housing inventory may start being scooped up as the smart investment by smart investors.
Well, enough of that, back to our regularly scheduled programming and the list of the most expensive zip codes in the country.
Top 10 Most Expensive Housing Zip Codes In United States
- 33109 – Fisher Island, Fla., Miami-Dade County Median sales price: $3.85 million
- 07620 – Alpine, N.J., Bergen County Median sales price: $3.59 million
- 11765 – Mill Neck, N.Y., Nassau County Median sales price: $3 million
- 92657 – Newport Coast, Calif. Orange County Median sales price: $2.8 million
- 11976 – Water Mill, N.Y. Suffolk County Median sales price: $2.72 million
- 94027 – Atherton, Calif. San Mateo County Median home price: $2.7 million
- 93108 – Santa Barbara, Calif. , Santa Barbara County Median home price: $2.7 million
- 11975 – Wainscott, N.Y. Suffolk County Median home price: $2.56 million
- 92067 – Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. San Diego County Median home price: $2.47 million
- 90210 – Beverly Hills, Calif. , Los Angeles County Median home price: $2.41 million